July 19, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#DifferenceOfDisintegrationVsDissolution?, #PressureGradientBetweenProcessingArea, #CharacteristicOfFingerBags, #MaterialOfFingerBags
1. What is the difference between disintegration and dissolution?
Disintegration is a process of breaking down of granules into small fragments.
Dissolution is the process in which a substance goes into a solution. It is a measure of bioavailability and therapeutic effectiveness. Dissolution is also called as drug release.
2. What is the purpose of maintaining pressure gradient between processing area and service corridors?
Pressure gradients are maintained to avoid cross contamination of products through air.
3. In oral solid manufacturing facility ‘positive’ pressure is maintained in processing area or in service corridors?
Positive pressure is maintained in service corridors with respect to processing rooms.
4. What should be the characteristic of Finger Bags used for Fluid Bed Dryer (FBD) or Fluid Bed Processor (FBP)?
Water proof cloth
Able to handle granulation of highly viscous materials, such as extract powder
Non-stick cloth bag
Good boiling effect
Cost-efficient and durable
5. What is generally used material of construction of Finger Bags used for Fluid Bed Dryer (FBD) or Fluid Bed Processor (FBP)
Finger bags are constructed by a combination of Antistatic polymer, Nylon fabric and Cotton fabric. Following materials are also used for Finger bags’ construction.