Standard Operating Procedure for General Cleaning of QC Department
To lay down a procedure for General Cleaning of QC Department
The scope of this procedure is applicable for General Cleaning of QC Department, which includes:
- Floor Cleaning
- Doors and Windows Glass Cleaning
- Cleaning of Ceiling, Inlet Air Grills and Wall
- Drainage and Waste Bin Cleaning
- Tube Light Covers and Electric Switches
- Racks and Drawers
- Special Cleaning for removal of Stains
- Housekeeping person: To follow the Instructions as per Procedure.
- QC Personnel: Training the housekeeping personnel, Execution, and Monitoring the Procedure.
- Head QC/ Designee: To monitor the activity
5.1 Use qualified disinfectants [Specify names that is being qualified by the company] for cleaning the floor.
5.2 Change the Disinfectant after every seven days.
5.3 Before using cleaning agents should verify from concerned QC Personnel.
- Use Disinfectant solution twice daily.
5.5 Clean the Reagent Rack carefully.
5.6 All Electrical mains shall be switched “OFF” where cleaning is carried out. Do not use wet dusters for cleaning electrical fixtures.
5.7 Preparation of disinfectant solution:
- 1.5% v/v disinfection solution-1: Take 75 ml of disinfectant solution in to 4.925 ml of water by using measuring cylinder and mix well, prepare it to 5 liters or as per the requirement on daily basis as per the procedure.
- 0.8% v/v Disinfectant solution – 2: Take 40 ml of disinfectant solution in to 4.960 ml of water by using measuring cylinder, prepare it to 5 liters or as per the requirement on daily basis as per the procedure.1.0% v/v Disinfectant solution – 3: Take 50 ml of disinfectant solution in 4.950 ml of water by using measuring cylinder and mix well, prepare it to 5 liters or as per the requirement on daily basis as per the procedure.
5.8 Floor Cleaning:
- For cleaning of floor use dry mop or nylon broom.
- Mop the floor by using processed water.
- Mop the area with disinfectant solution.
- Discard the used sanitizing solution in washbasin and clean the basin with water.
5.9 Doors and Windows Glass Cleaning :
- Clean Windows Glass, Doors, and Frame by dry duster.
- Spray Glass Cleaner on the glasses of the Windows, Doors Frames and Wipe off by duster.
5.10 Cleaning of Inlet Air Grill and Wall :
- Arrange the necessary equipment like long stick, ladder, duster and dry mops.
- Clean the Wall surface and Ceiling using dry duster and dry mop.
- Clean outer surface of Inlet Grill by using wet and dry duster.
5.11 Drainage and Waste Bin Cleaning:
- Empty out the Waste Bin in a polybag.
- Clean the Waste Bin with water.
- Wipe it with dry duster.
- Remove the sticky material if any in drainage by using Nylon scrubber.
- Clean the drainage with water.
5.12 Tube Light Covers and Electric Switches:
- Switch “OFF” the mains and related Electrical Connections.
- Clean the outer surface of Switches and Tube Light covers by dry duster.
5.13 Racks and Drawers:
- Remove the materials from Racks and Drawers.
- Clean the Rack and Drawers with duster.
- Spray Glass Cleaner and clean with dry duster.
5.14 Special Cleaning for removal of stains:
- For preparation of soap solution take 50 ml soap solution in a plastic bucket.
- Add approximately 10 liters of water in a plastic bucket.
- Clean the stain portion by rubbing it with Scotch bite or Scrubber.
- Finally clean the area with dry duster.
6.0 Acceptance Criteria:
6.1 Floor cleaning: The floor should look neat and clean.
6.2 Doors and Windows Glass Cleaning: The Doors and Windows glasses should look neat and clean.
7.1 Floor cleaning: Twice a day
7.2 Doors and Windows Glass Cleaning:
- Doors: Twice a Day.
- Windows glass: Weekly.
7.3 Cleaning of Ceiling, Inlet Air Grill and Walls: Weekly.
7.4 Drainage and Waste Bin Cleaning: Daily.
7.5 Cleaning of Racks and Drawers: Weekly.
7.6 Special Cleaning for Removal of Stains: Weekly
8.0 Format for recording:
8.1 Cleaning Record
|Area||—||1st week||2nd week||3rd week||4th week||5th week|
|Sub Area||Disinfectant Used|
Frequency : Daily
|—||d) Shoe rack|
Frequency : Weekly
|1||Walls and roof|
|7||Tube light covers|