Standard Operating Procedure for Opening and Closing of Warehouse in Pharmaceuticals
SOP for Opening and Closing of Warehouse in Pharmaceuticals
To provide a standard operating procedure for Opening and Closing of Warehouse in Pharmaceuticals.
The scope of this SOP is applicable for Opening and Closing of Warehouse in Pharmaceuticals at [company name].
Warehouse personnel: Opening and Closing of warehouse as per opening and closing of warehouse.
Warehouse head: To ensure compliance to this SOP
5.1 Procedure for opening of warehouse:
• Collect the warehouse key from the security gate by entering the details in the key issuance and receipt register details.
• Security person will hand over the key in the sealed cover to the authorized personnel of the warehouse department.
• Check the integrity of the sealed cover. In case of seal cover is broken, the warehouse person needs to immediately report to the HR and Administration department to investigate the matter.
• The envelope will have the key for the warehouse main entry and the warehouse key box key.
• Open the warehouse using the key and enter the warehouse using a biometric access system.
• After entry into the warehouse, take a round of the entire warehouse.
• Switch On the required lights in the warehouse, which are required to perform routine activities.
• The authorized person responsible for maintaining the main gate key and key box key will issue keys to the different sections such as Packing Material Store, Raw Material Store, Cold rooms, etc.
• The issuance entry will be made in the warehouse department’s key register.
• During the daytime, when the warehouse is working, routine entry and exit of the warehouse will be done by authorized personnel using biometric access control.
• In case of emergency entry required in the warehouse for any unavoidable circumstances, permission from factory manager/ plant head. While entering the warehouse, the security officer will visit the warehouse person and the person who needs to access the warehouse in those circumstances. Required entry will be made in the key issuance register.
• After completing the required action, the warehouse shall be closed as per the warehouse closing procedure.
5.2 Procedure for the closing of warehouse:
• Before exiting from the warehouse, ensure that all the subsections (Packing Material Store, Raw Material Store, etc.) have been closed and keys from respective sections are submitted to place in the key box.
• Make an entry in the key receipt register and lock the key box.
• Switch off the lights and ensure that no workstation computers are in On condition before exiting the warehouse.
• Lock all the entries of the warehouse from inside.
• Lock the main entry gate.
• Submit the key of warehouse and key box key by placing it in the cover and sealing it with signature on the flap of the cover.
• Submit the keys in the sealed cover to the security officer.
• Make an entry in the key issuance and receipt register.
Warehouse opening and closing: Each working day.
7.1 Format for warehouse key submission cover
Name of Person submitting the key to security gate: _______________
Time of submission of key: _______________
Sign of person submitting the key: _______________
Sign of the person receiving the key: _______________
7.2 Format for warehouse key issuance and receipt register (Maintained at Security gate)
|Sr. No.||Date||Time||Name of person collecting the key||Purpose of key collection||Verification remark of key cover integrity||Sign of recipient||Sign of security officer sign||Time||Name of person submitting the key||Sign||Sign of security officer sign|
7.3 Format for warehouse key issuance and receipt register (key board key)
|Sr. No.||Date||Time||Name of person collecting the key||Area/ room name||Sign of key issuer||Sign of recipient||Time||Name of person submitting the key||Sign of person submitting key||Sign of person receiving key|