Standard Operating Procedure for Operation and Cleaning of Hardness Tester
To lay down a procedure for Operation and Cleaning of Hardness Tester.
The scope of this SOP is applicable for Operation and Cleaning of Hardness Tester at [company name].
QC-Personnel: To Operate and Clean Hardness Tester.
Head-QC/Designee: To monitor the activity.
5.1 Keep the Instrument in its cabinet.
5.2 Clean the apparatus after each and every operation.
5.3 Do not keep the spring under tension, when the instrument is not in use.
5.4 Operating Procedure:
- Ensure that the instrument is clean and free from any residue, dust or tablet particles.
- Hold the tablet between the jaw and nozzle in edgewise position.
- Adjust the scale (by moving), so that the zero on the scale coincides with the pointer.
- Turn the screw knob slowly till the tablet breaks. The pressure indicated on the dial is the hardness of tablet [kg/ cm2].
- Turn the screw knob in opposite direction so as to remove the tablet particles.
- Remove residue or tablet particle if any.
- Repeat the same procedure for required time. Record the results in the protocol.
- QC Personnel shall be make necessary entry in the “Instrument usage logbook”
- After use keep the instrument at its place.
5.5 Cleaning Procedure:
- Turn the screw knob in opposite direction and remove the residue of the tablet.
- Finally wipe out the instrument with dry and clean cloth.
6.0 Acceptance Criteria:
Operation: As and when required.
Cleaning: After every operation.
8.0 Format for recording:
8.1 Instrument usage logbook.
Name of Product / Material
Sign & Date