Standard Operating Procedure for Writing of the Instrument Status Label in Quality Control Department
To lay down a procedure for Writing of the Instrument Status Label in Quality Control Department.
The scope of this procedure is applicable for writing of the Instrument Status Label in Quality Control Department.
QC Personnel: To update the instrument status label
Manager QC/ Designee: To check the information written on the instrument status label.
- The information written on the “Instrument Status Label” should be clear and readable.
- The information written on the “Instrument Status Label” should be based on the current activity being performed on the instrument.
- A Marker Pen (Blue / Black) should be used for writing on the “Instrument Status Label”.
- Prior to the start of an activity, the QC person using the instrument should write the details on the “Instrument Status Label” placed on it.
- The “Instrument Status Label” should have the following details:
- Instrument Code
- Batch Number
- Analytical Report Number (A.R. No.)
- After completing a task, if the instrument is to be used by another QC Person, it is their responsibility to clear the previous status and rewrite the current instrument status.
- In case the instrument is idle, the QC person should write “No Activity” along with their Signature and Date on the “Instrument Status Label”.
6.0 Acceptance Criteria:
6.1 Not applicable.
7.1 As and when required.
8.0 Format for recording:
8.1 Format for “Instrument Status Label”
Instrument Name :
Inst. Code : ____________
Batch No. :
A.R. No. :