July 16, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#CompressibilityIndex, #ChewableTablets, #FriabilityTest, #CapsuleSize
1. What is Compressibility index and what is Hausner Ratio?
Definition of Compressibility index: The Compressibility Index (Carr Compressibility Index) is measure of the tendency of a powder to be compressed. It is measure of the powder’s ability to settle, and it permits an assessment of the relative importance of interparticulate interactions.
Definition of Hausner Ratio: The Hausner Ratio is measures that can be used to predict the tendency of a given powder sample to be compressed. Hausner Ratio reflects the importance of interparticulate interactions.
2. What is the disintegration time of Chewable Tablets?
Disintegration time test is not applicable for chewable tablets.
3. What is the standard number of rotations used for friability test?
100 Revolutions / 4 Minutes, 25 rotations per minute
4. What is the fall height of the tablets in the friabilator during friability testing?
Fall height of the tablets is in the friabilator is 154.0 – 158.0 mm (156.0 ± 2.0 mm)
5. Which capsule is bigger in size – size ‘0’ or size ‘1’?