July 17, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#TabletsForFriability, #MeshApertureOfDT, #CalibratingOfDT, #DisintegrationTimeOfdifferentTablets
1. How many tablets shall be taken for checking friability?
6.5 g for the tablets with unit mass equal or less than 650 mg. For tablets with unit mass more than 650 mg, it requires 10 tablets.
2. What is mesh aperture of DT apparatus?
Mesh aperture of DT apparatus is #10. That is 1.8 -2.2 mm.
3. What is the standard frequency of upward and downward movement of a basket-rack assembly in a DT apparatus?
28 – 32 cycles/minute
4. What are the parameters tested during the calibrating DT apparatus?
Parameters covered during the DT apparatus calibration are as follows
(1) Number of strokes per minute (Limit: 29-32 cycles/min)
(2) Temperature by probe and standard thermometer (Limit: 37 ± 1 °C). (3) Distance travelled by basket (Limit: 53 -57 mm)
5. What is the Disintegration time for different types of tablets?
|Type of Tablets||Disintegration time|
|Uncoated Tablets||15 minutes|
|Other coated tablets||60 minutes|
|0.1M hydrochloric acid||Should not disintegrate in 120 minutes|
|Phosphate buffer pH 6.8,||60 minutes.|
|Dispersible and Soluble Tablets||within 3 minutes|
|Effervescent Tablets||5 minutes|
|Chewable tablets||Not applicable|