October 06, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
1. What types of growth promotion test (GPT) to be done for growth medium used to perform sterility testing?
● GPT for Fluid thioglycollate medium shall be done using Clostridium sporogenes, P. aeruginosa, S. aureus;
● GPT for Soya-bean casein digest medium shall be done using A. niger, B. subtilis, C. albicans.
The medium shall be inoculated with not more than 100 CFU and incubated for 3 days (bacteria) or 5 days (fungi).
Result: Clearly visible growth must be observed.
2 What should be incubation conditions and times for sterility testing?
Incubation conditions and times for sterility testing are as follows:
● Fluid Thioglycollate Medium at 30 – 35 °C
● Soya-bean Casein Digest Medium at 20 – 25 °C ● Total incubation period of 14 days with visual examination for turbidity.