October 05, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#SterilityTest #SterilityTestingMethods #MembraneFiltrationMethodComponents #GrowthMediumsForSterilityTesting
1. Is sterility test qualitative or quantitative test?
The sterility test is a qualitative test. Results are written as presence or absence of turbidity based on growth for bacteria and fungi in media.
2. Which are commonly used sterility testing methods?
● Membrane filtration: This is further classified as open method and closed system method.
● Direct inoculation method
3. What components required performing sterility testing by membrane filtration method?
● Filter with pore size 0.45 μm
● Filter diameter about 50 mm
● Cellulose nitrate filters for aqueous, oily, and weak alcoholic solutions
● Cellulose acetate filters for strong alcoholic solutions
4. What are the growth mediums used to perform sterility testing?
● Fluid Thioglycollate Medium for anaerobic bacteria and it also isolates aerobic bacteria
● Soya-bean Casein Digest Medium for the isolation of fungi and aerobic bacteria