September 20, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
1. What are the steps involved in the manufacturing of culture media?
a. Collection of prerequisite
● Decide batch size
● Vessel for holding or dispensing the media
● Weighing balance
● Petri dishes/ Containers
● Dehydrated media
b. Rehydration of media
● Media powder is rehydrated by mixing the medium in the volume of water (Amount should be based on manufacturer’s instruction)
● Homogenize the solution by mixing
● Care must be taken to avoid scorching the media.
● The media should clarify near boiling (95–100 °C), and the media should only be allowed to boil less than 1 min.
d. Addition of supplements (depending on the types of media requirement)
e. Filling in container
f. Status labeling