September 22, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#GoodPracticeInMicrobiologicalLaboratory #AsepticTechniqueInMicrobiologicalLaboratory #Asepsis
1. Give few examples of good practice in a microbiological laboratory.
● Required equipment and media should sterilized prior to use.
● Sterilized equipment and media should be maintained and stored in such a way that it should not be contaminated.
● Frequently disinfect hands and working surfaces while carryout aseptic operations.
● Fly, rodent and pest control.
● Use personnel protective equipment such as laboratory coat, safety glasses, and gloves.
● Drinkable and eatables should not be allowed in the laboratory.
● Sterilize contaminated used media and waste prior to disposal.
● Pipetting should not be done mouth.
2. Why aseptic technique should be followed in the microbiological laboratory?
To prevent contamination and cross-contamination in microbiology laboratory. Probability of contamination in the laboratory is – samples, media, environment, facility etc.
3. How asepsis can be achieved in the laboratory?
● Frequent washing and disinfecting hands.
● Use of unidirectional airflow station for critical operations.
● Handling of positive control at the end of analysis.
● Not touching the samples and accessories directly by hand.