July 9, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
1. Which are typical in-process control test for tablets?
Leakage testing for strip and blister packaging
Checking printing matter during packaging
Physical appearance of packs
2. Explain Disintegration time (DT) of different types of tablets?
Disintegration time (DT) of different types of tablets is as follows.
|Types of tablets||Disintegration time (DT)|
|Plain coated tablet||60 minutes|
|Enteric coated tablet||3 hours|
|Dispersible tablet||3 minutes|
|Effervescent tablet||˂ 3 minutes|
|Sublingual tablet||4 hours|
|Buccal tablet||4 hours|
|Vaginal tablet||60 minutes|
|Chewable tablet||not required|
3. What are the types of hardness testers?
Manual hardness tester
Automatic hardness testers
Dr. Schleuniger tester
4. Which instruments are used for testing of tablet dimension?
A. Vernier caliper
1. Outside jaws: used to measure external length
2. Inside jaws: used to measure internal length
3. Depth probe: used to measure depth
4. Main scale (cm)
5. Main scale (inch)
6. Vernier (cm)
7. Vernier (inch)
8. Retainer: used to block/release movable part
B. Micrometer screw gauge
5. Which instruments is used for testing of tablet friability?
Roche friabilator is used for testing of tablet friability.