September 27, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#ObjectiveOfMicrobialIdentification #TaxonomicTermsMicrobialIdentification #FirstStepofMicrobialIdentification #ColonyAndCellularMorphology
1. What is the objective of microbial identification?
The objective of microbial identification is to differentiate one microbial isolate from another with respect to family (genus) and a species or a particular strain.
2. What are the taxonomic terms for microbial identification?
● Family: group of similar genera
● Genus: group of similar species
● Species: group of similar strains
● Type: strains within a species
● Strain: an isolate of a particular species
3. What is the first step of microbial identification?
The first step of most identification program is colony and cellular morphology of the microorganism.
Colony morphology is a method that used to describe the characteristics of an individual colony of bacteria on agar media in a Petri dish.
Colony morphology is normally classified based on the form, elevation and margin. This can be further classified as follows.