July 25, 2021: Pharmaceutical Interview Questions and Answers
#VibroSifter #PrincipleOfVibroSifter #GyratoryMotion #FeaturesOfVibroSifter #PartsOfVibroSifter
1. What is Vibro sifter?
Vibro sifter is equipment used for separating particles based upon particle size alone and without any significant particle size reduction. This process commonly is referred to as screening or bolting. Vibration and Gyratory motion plays an important role to facilitate screening process.
2. What is the principle of Vibro sifter?
Vibro sifter works on principle of separation. Particles are segregated based upon particle size alone and without any significant particle size reduction. This process commonly is referred to as screening or bolting. Vibration and Gyratory motion plays an important role to facilitate screening process.
The mechanism on which Vibro Sifter works is the principle of gyratory vibrations. The material is separated based on its particle size. Once the motor gets energized, vibration is caused in the screen/. This makes material travel across the sieves according to its particle size and sieve/ screen size.
Separator subclasses as per SUPAC: Vibratory/ Shaker and Centrifugal.
3. What is the gyratory motion of vibro sifter and how it gets generated?
In the vibro sifter gyratory motion is obtained from specially designed gyro motor, which is fitted underneath the vibrating assembly. A specially designed rugged spring completely isolates this assembly from the base with the help of Gyro-motor.
The motor is fitted with eccentric weights present at its top as well as base to create centrifugal force. This whole assembly is covered by an SS plate.
4. What are other names of vibro sifter?
The vibro sifter machine is also known as:
Lab Vibro Sifter
Vibro Sifter Machine
Powder Sieving Machine
5. What are the salient features or use of vibro sifter?
• Gradation and separation of dry powder, granules, semi solids and liquids
• Main functioning mechanical arrangement is suspended on a spring to prevent vibration on the floor
• Easy assembling and disabling
• Easy to clean
6. What are different parts of vibro sifter?
• Dust cover
• Clamp for assembling of different parts
• Sieve/ screen
• Vibrating motor for Gyratory motion with eccentrically arranged top and bottom hammer
• Caster wheel
• Discharge port
7. How to discharge the static electricity which may get generated over the vibro sifter sieve when silicone bonded sieve is used?
Following are the solutions to discharge the static electricity which may get generated over the vibro sifter sieve when silicone bonded screen is used:
i. Using antistatic screen
ii. Use C clamp over the silicone bonded sieve which make entire assembly conductive and to provide earthling to the body of the equipment.